Accent Challenges are a fun way of spending time with friends (especially the ellen accent challenge!) or a great idea for a video if youre making an accent challenge tag video or even collaborating with another YouTuber, this challenge is a definite go to! Below we have both accent challenges with plenty of questions and even some questionable accents! Have fun!
What is the Accent Challenge?
There are two main accent challenges out there, The Tumblr Accent Challenge and The Ellen Accent Challenge. The Tumblr accent challenge is an accent challenge that originated on Tumblr and grew upon the internet quite rapidly. This is an accent challenge that showcases where you are from and how you say words in your own accent. Everyones accent is different so you will see a lot of differences between Tumblr Accent challenge videos and how people describe certain words such as Soda, pop or fizzy drink etc.
The Ellen accent Challenge has over 40 accents that you have to mimic and the other person guesses. So do your best accent!
Tumblr Accent Challenge Questions:
1. Your name and username.
2. Where you’re from.
3. Pronounce the following words:
- New Orleans
4. What is it called when you throw toilet paper on a house?
5. What is a bubbly carbonated drink called?
6. What do you call gym shoes?
7. What do you call your grandparents?
8. What do you call the wheeled contraption in which you carry groceries at the supermarket?
9. What is the thing you change the TV channel with?
10. Choose a book and read a passage from it.
11. Do you think you have an accent?
13. End audio post by saying any THREE words you want
How to do the Accent Challenge?
To do the accent challenge, if you’re recording set up your camera, make sure your in the frame and hit record! Read out the questions on this page and answer them aloud! Lets see if others think you have an accent!
Heres some other Accent Challenges to give you some inspiration!
Ellens Accent Challenge
The Ellen accent challenge is a challenge created by the Ellen show, in this fun accent challenge you will have to mimic other accents, and see if the other person can guess them.
We have compiled a list of 40 accents you can use to do the Ellen Accent Challenge. Want to know how to do it? Heres a quick video from Ellen herself.
List of Accents For The Ellen Accent Challenge:
1. American Accent
2. Irish Accent
3. Australian Accent
4. British Accent
5. Chinese Accent
6. Colombian Accent
7. Scouse Accent
8. Dublin Accent
9. Liverpool Accent
10. French Accent
11. Korean Accent
12. Latin American Accent
13. Canadian Accent
14. Montreal Accent
15. Northern Ireland Accent
16. Scottish Accent
17. New York Accent
18. Pakistani Accent
19. Italian Accent
20. Italian American Accent
21. Russian Accent
22. South American Accent
23. Swedish Accent
24. Texas Accent
25. Californian Accent
26. Spanish Accent
27. Ghanaian English Accent
28. Filipino Accent
30. London Accent
31. Welsh Accent
32. Minnesota Accent
33. Florida Accent
34. Ukrainian Accent
35. Indian Accent
36. Yorkshire Accent
37. Thai Accent
38. Portugese Accent
39. Brazilian Accent
40. Kenyan Accent
How to do the Ellen Accent challenge:
1. Write a list of accents on pieces of paper or cardboard or Alternatively Download Ellens Heads Up App!
2. Choose randomly and put a the piece of cardboard above your head with the accent without looking at it
3. The other person does the accent you have above your head and you have to guess within 10 seconds of doing it.
Or Using Ellen’s Heads Up App –
1. Download and Install the App.
2. Open the App and choose Accents Impressions.
3. Follow the on screen instructions.
Here is a video of The Ellen Accent Challenge in action: